The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Wayland's - one of the special places
204 messages
Select a forum:
You could say the same about anywhere these days sadly 4W, but, perhaps energy is the wrong word.

There is a sort of "aliveness" - yess I know it's not english, but it's the closest thing. Come on, you must have looked around you in some places & been almost acutely aware of what is there?

The trees are alive, therefore there is some form of "energy", there is always "energy" in the earth at these types of sites, mainly because of their age and because of their previous use. What could be more important to a group of people than a safe place to repeatedly house their dead? The emotions left there, the effort it took to erect such a thing in the first place.

I know it sounds a bit hippified, but with Waylands, there is something to feel. I'm by no means eloquent enough to explain it. But whatever it is, it is felt by others, in their way. For me it is still very much alive.

Some things don't always have power or meaning, it's what people feel or believe that gives it something. the people who built Waylands, West Kennet & many other places felt & believed & installed a part of them in those places.

Whatever anyone feels there, energy, life, fear, it's all there for them. Everyone is so different, both in views & sensitivity. That's what makes "here" so bloody good. You have no idea how much you add to these threads, whatever your views, because you make us re-think ours & help put it into words.

OK too much hippi crap now, need to go find something mindless to do.

Blaidd

Reply | with quote
Posted by Blaidd
30th June 2003ce
14:05

Messages in this topic: