The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Spirit of Place
204 messages
Select a forum:
I think it's a number of things for me, depending where you go. At Waylands its peace, mingled with a sort of awareness. Things sometimes seem clearer, leaves are greener, sounds are clearer. Everything just seems so much more real. Other places & times I just get lost in a sort of daze, closeing your eyes & just feeling. I suppose thats where the spirit bit comes in. Everywhere has energy bound up in it, whether it be in the form of movement of trees in the wind or the energy that others put into building such things. You cannot fail to be impressed at how it was done.
It's also a feeling of safety & shelter sometimes. Quite often your entering a place which is either fairly secluded or is just so ancient you can almost smell it & its kind of comforting.

I can't really say why I like to visit the stones or trackways & hill forts, only that I feel better when I do. It's that simple.

I would however give just about anything, just to see things as they were originally, as they were intended.

Maybe the spirits do hang around, in whatever form. I'm not talking ghosts or anything, but just the energy or force of what was left behind.

Oh well, thats me anyway. Here come the nice little men in white coats to take me away..........

B

Reply | with quote
Posted by Blaidd
27th June 2003ce
12:47

In reply to:

Spirit of Place (Shestu)

Messages in this topic: