The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Longstone (East Worlington) Forum Start a topic | Search
43 messages
Select a forum:
Thanks, Tom.

I've never been incarcerated nor been medicated. A shrink vetted me once as 'mildy bipolar' - a creative type. I just make art and hope - delude myself - that it aids human evolution. My IQ used to be off the clock. Now I don't believe in IQ's - just fitness.

I would like you to return my Kirkhaugh site though. You haven't realised it but you've deleted one of the places that has the strongest claim to be included on this database. That's because one of these gold hair tresses was excavated from there in 1935. The 'Kirkhaugh Ear Ornament'. Brigantes, I'm sure, would post you a link to a picture of the object in Newcastle's Museum of Antiquities. Google will have it.

A keen researcher would have transcribed this excavation report, and posted it here, investigated the little village church (built on a low mound), photographed the burial cairns in the woods, or scoured the skyline for ruined - and unlisted - curricks. Continuing the destruction of the site by misused and mis-applied etymology doesn't really 'add to the sum of human knowledge'.

You've given me the idea for a new band of stoneworkers though - the New Apostles of Stone. I get through about twenty pairs of tough gloves every year - with my stonework. 'BlueGloves' are an imaginary proprietary brand that will appear on my website. Eventually - until then try this - http://www.davidaspinall.co.uk/Patrick%20Moore%20interviewed.mp3

Reply | with quote
AtomicMutton
Posted by AtomicMutton
26th June 2003ce
04:38

In reply to:

Re: minced (TomBo)

1 reply:

Re: mincer man (TomBo)

Messages in this topic: