The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Longstone (East Worlington) Forum Start a topic | Search
Longstone (East Worlington)
Atomic Mutton says 'Baaaaah'
43 messages
Select a forum:
No, it's an old one that's been pulled out of its socket. I'm hoping the setting is relatively unbroken and that I can clean it out and lever the stone sideways back into it. At about 330 kilos it's close to my weight limit - just using levers. Landowner's full permission - it's just another stone to the statutory authorities. Richard Bradley did drop a hint that I was like Keiller. My hair's the colour of marmalade, at least.

Ecologists also describe ecosystem modification as gardening. It's in a bad way out there - collapsing. Valley has maybe 500 stones pulled out and on their sides - I'm just going for the obvious ones - it is sculpture. The shooting manager has threatened me with being beaten up by four gamekeepers if I write anymore. I've been describing the last few days as 'like being in an episode of Heartbeat'.

Nobody's told him

Reply | with quote
AtomicMutton
Posted by AtomicMutton
19th June 2003ce
07:18

In reply to:

Re: Atomic Mutton says why (jimit)

Messages in this topic: