The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Kor Stone Forum Start a topic | Search
The Kor Stone
the Cor stone
1 message
Select a forum:
Hi,
I can give you a little bit more info re this stone.My father is the farmer who works DRUMACHAR and MILTON Farms where the stone is situated.
I was told by my great grandmother that attempts were made to excavate around the stone many moons ago by students at nearby GLENALAMOND college as they dug all the hit was stones similiar in size to the COR Stone. My uncle who passed away a few years ago also told me he ploughed up old discs like coins but very disintegrated.My father is approachable but please acknowledge the land belongs to SCONE PALACE and official authorisation must be sought to carry out any work. Also there is a mound which again is on the farm which may be of interest to someone,possibly a burial,fort,I jusy dont know.Any enqs please to me via Email and I will pass to my father. Scott Mac

Reply | with quote
Posted by scottmac
11th May 2003ce
19:30