The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
Oh thats alright then... NT are Forgiven
24 messages
Select a forum:
NOT..... been away, this is my reply! Same as everyone elses????

Nat x

I am sorry that you felt our reply did not directly address the issues in your e-mail. At the time, this was a comprehensive response, which we wanted to send out immediately.

I understand that you still have real doubts over our judgement on this matter. I can assure you, though, that careful consideration was taken
before letting this project go ahead.

The 'Eye' was not, as the Observer suggested, a billboard style advertisement, since it was visible to no one but the helicopter filming it. The site used was at the very top of the hill and shot was taken for use as an indent in the Big Brother programme, which will be shown before and after advertisement breaks. In this respect we regarded the use of the site in the same way as the use of any of our properties for a film location - from areas of Snowdonia for 'Tomb Raider 2' to Lacock
Abbey for 'Harry Potter'. Strict guidelines apply to this and we would never allow any activity that would harm either an historic house or the
environment in our care.

While two thousand pounds might not sound like much to some, it will be a significant contribution to the cost of maintaining the site. The area itself is free and open to walkers and anyone wanting to picnic near the horse, so this will help to keep the site and the horse's outline well maintained.

I hope this has gone some way to restoring your faith in us.

Thank you for writing with your comments, which we have noted.

Reply | with quote
Nat
Posted by Nat
12th May 2003ce
12:52

In reply to:

Re: NT Campaign second phase (nigelswift)

2 replies:

Similar reply (Randall)
Re: Oh thats alright then... NT are Forgiven (pebblesfromheaven)

Messages in this topic: