The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
Complaints to Channel Four
80 messages
Select a forum:
Complaints forum for Channel Four:

http://www.channel4.com/4later/newform.cgi

My Missive:

I am disgusted by the way in which the Uffington White Horse has been vandalised in order to promote Big Brother Four. You could easily have used computer imaging to create this effect, if it was so crucial to the programme, rather than defacing an ancient monument in this way.

The temporary nature of this act is irrelevant. This is a sacred site for many people in this country, and worldwide, and you have displayed a complete lack of respect for their beliefs by this action.

I was formerly a closet fan of Big Brother, which seemed harmless enough. However I will now be doing all I can to encourage those I know to boycott the programme until Channel Four issues a full and frank apology for this disgraceful action and undertakes not to repeat such acts.

Channel Four, and the National Trust who took your money in order to give permission for this, are no better than the vandals from the Countryside Alliance who vandalised the site a year ago in order to promote a protest march.

Reply | with quote
Cursuswalker
Posted by Cursuswalker
6th May 2003ce
19:37

In reply to:

Re: Hypocrisy from on high (Chris)

Messages in this topic: