The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Room for a view (Looking Deeper)
66 messages
Select a forum:
harestonesdown wrote:
Myself and a couple of friends sat atop West kennett long barrow one fine summers evening watching the sun set and musing on Silbury. One asked "If no-one's buried there could it have been a project to bring people together ? Akin to the Olympics or the Millennium celebrations" ? I dunno i said, But it's as good a theory as i've ever heard, Kinda heart warming too, If a little "soppy". :)

From the other end of the spectrum- i was once there at night with a friend and we both felt separately that it was a big plug put there because of something terrible that had happened, i dismissed this out of hand until i got home and the first thing i read [ i think it was in a book about mystics and glastonbury ] that others had thought the same thing, this of course doesn't make it any truer but i remember thinking how odd other people had experienced the same feelings as us.

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
12th September 2012ce
23:01

In reply to:

Re: Room for a view (Looking Deeper) (harestonesdown)

Messages in this topic: