The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: Stonehenge Winter Solstice
31 messages
Select a forum:
suave harv wrote:
handswithenergy wrote:
I've heard back from Frank Somers and it was 100% confirmed at today's Stonehenge meeting that Managed Open Access will be on the morning of 22 December.

Matthew

That's fucked my arrangements then. It was the 21st last year, why change it? I bet there'll still be loads there on the morning of the 21st.

Feels like a roundabout, sounds like their playing silly buggers to maybe stop as many people as last year attending, i can imagine everyone turning up on the morning of the 22nd only to be told to move on because it all happened yesterday,because they didn't like the fact a lot [1000's] were parked up the road last year because the bridleway was full by early evening, but the real answer is give us a field like the summer for a couple of days, because as christmas dies the solstice will grow back to it's former glory, eg more and more each year!!!! i bet even fucking jesus would prefer to be at stonehenge than eating turkey and spending all his money on bollocks, always remember everything good about christmas was pinched by the christians from the solstice, thats how the change was made fairly easily [st pauls technique[among others], it's been used for 2000+ years and it's still working, "no no this isn't a new thing it's just the old thing with a new name"], at the end of the day what would be wrong with both mornings and then that would include the solstice sunset, which is what it is all about at this time of year anyway!!!

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
4th December 2009ce
13:04

In reply to:

Re: Stonehenge Winter Solstice (suave harv)

Messages in this topic: