Devil’s Quoits 15
Image by postman
Devil’s Quoits

Quoits pix

I'll have some of that ...

completion date sometime next summer. All the work is being done by the landfill company ... next trip I'll make sure we get the bloke in charge, as well as an archaeologist - it'll be interesting to hear what he has to say about it's reconstruction ...

RG

Will all of you henge experts have a look at this
one, please? It gives an impression of how big the
site actually is.

RG was standing on the henge bank when he took
the photo. We (that`s me in the foreground,
looking in the opposite direction to everyone
else, as usual) are standing on the `berm`
between the bank and ditch.

When I first saw what had been done, my initial
reaction was "they`ve put the bank in the wrong
place!"

I`ve never seen such a large space inbetween
a henge bank and ditch. The archy called it a `berm,` but in my book a berm is a narrow path
between a ditch and rampart. This one`s as big as
Bermingham!

http://www.guilfin.net/gallery/?id=pxINET1298

baz