Devil’s Quoits 15
Image by ginger tt
Devil’s Quoits

Devil`s Quiots

you're off round Celia's?

doest thou jest, or are you really seeing the Amazing Writing Woman of Minster Lovell, and the Bard of Birmingham

Do say hi from me if you are ... Celia's a top girl, and quite frankly, the last person on earth I'd ever thought I'd like (due to her previous journalistic work for the Mail and Telegraph), but ... she's ACE

I love their house ... middle of nowhere, crammed full of books and cats, pictures of her and MrH meeting people like Harold Wilson and Yves St Laurent

but I think you're tweaking my tail ...

RG

I jest ye not, RG. The very same Celia of which you speak called round to my house about teatime to collect a painting of the Hawk Stone wot she asked me to paint for her. I've posted it to this site. She is indeed a dude. She admired all my cats, too and made nice comments about my paintings.

And then, sadly missing the lovely Celia by only 20 minutes, the splendid Mr Teague swang by and told me of his wanderings around Avebury today. He had come to pick up a painting of Doll Tor wot he'd asked me to paint for him, (also posted to this site.) He once told me my paintings were "Quoit nice", which made me smile.

Marvellous! How lucky I am to have met such nice people through this medium. I greatly look forward to the Devils Quoits visit in order to meet more lovely people... and maybe even you, too! :-)
J
x

Will Shakespeare went into a pub, the barman said,
`can`t serve you, you`re Bard.`

I don`t want to be `Bard of Birmingham` !