Coldrum 3
Image by A R Cane

Yeah, I'm following that whim - I can teach him some sculpture theory perhaps - or put him on the track of new ideas. I'm not so sure he will sell when he comes out - the art world 'has a long memory' and loves excluding difficult personalities - hence 'Outsider Art'. He's not communicating with anyone (from the media) - I've been told - but if I send him a book and some notes there's a chance they'll get through. Any message?

Stoneshifter wrote:
Any message?
Crumbs, well only advice - don't do it again, but I'm sure he doesn't need telling. Also, that he really doesn't need to be involved with the Art establishment to make a heck of a good living. Ebay's the place. I'm sure "Shaun originals" will command a good price - or alternatively he could do what hundreds of dealers do - advertise blatant fakes but say he can't vouch for their authenticity. That sort of stuff seems to fetch decent prices. I suspect buyers like to brag to their friends that they're real. Or even, sell them on as genuine, complete with a brand new concocted provenance. Portable antiquities are scary things, they can be "laundered by description" in a jiffy and there's an army of US Antiquities dealers that make a fat living by not enquiring too closely. Their codes of conduct conveniently include respecting the right to anonymity of their suppliers while assuring purchasers the source is "well trusted". It's like fake banknotes, so long as no-one admits they're fake no-one suffers a financial loss.