Lodge Park 1
Image by MA Mark

Hi Tiompan,

I can't quite get my head around this discussion - is it being said the the Lodge Park Long Barrow is not a long barrow but a different type of barrow. Or, is the discussion about a different barrow completely? Would be grateful to have recent discussion condensed because I've think I've lost the plot.

best wishes

June

tjj wrote:
Hi Tiompan,

I can't quite get my head around this discussion - is it being said the the Lodge Park Long Barrow is not a long barrow but a different type of barrow. Or, is the discussion about a different barrow completely? Would be grateful to have recent discussion condensed because I've think I've lost the plot.

best wishes

June

Sorry June, it's strayed rather off topic, as far as the long barrow is concerned. This bit of thread concerns a nearby round barrow (if that's what it is).

tjj wrote:
Hi Tiompan,

I can't quite get my head around this discussion - is it being said the the Lodge Park Long Barrow is not a long barrow but a different type of barrow. Or, is the discussion about a different barrow completely? Would be grateful to have recent discussion condensed because I've think I've lost the plot.

best wishes

June

June , to the south east of the Long Barrow is a small mound that was believed by Grinsell to have been a round barrow but EH field surveyors in 2005 and a later assessment show that it overlies a field boundary , medieval ridge and furrow do not deviate around and it could even be a feature of the estate from the 17th C or 18th Centuries .