Also the Coflein examples are not those mentioned by Grinsell which Bladup suggest he has seen described a ring barrows today .Interesting to see if the Coflein examples are like the Irish types .
Interestingly a search of Pastscape reveals a number of "Ring Barrows" in West Penwith, very close to where Bladup lives. More than in any other part of England. There's a lot of crossover with ring ditches and disc barrows though, it seems.
The earlier ones look like what we now call disc barrows . Grinsell obviously changed the typology when the 1936 book was revised as none of his earlier "ring barrows " retained the name also he never described the Lodge Park mound as ring barrow at any time .
I can't quite get my head around this discussion - is it being said the the Lodge Park Long Barrow is not a long barrow but a different type of barrow. Or, is the discussion about a different barrow completely? Would be grateful to have recent discussion condensed because I've think I've lost the plot.