Stone of Odin 2
Image by winterjc
Stone of Odin

Stone Of Odin

that's why that Viking Longstone replica story made me think. I mean, aren't there any other pieces of legacy in Dublin apart from their meeting hill and that stone in spite of the trade-only segregation? you may be surprised to know the Vikings also settled in Seville too but there's few cultural traces of that! BUT the Shetlands and the Orkneys not only have part of that Norse culture but it's also ingrained in the population (35% have their DNA!) - the holed Odin Stone being no mere coincidence either; they settled in some places and made it their home

Weeeell, there have been several viking finds in Dublin. There is a nice little museum, but it is little. I have not been there yet (was planning to at Easter with the kiddlies), but I've heard there is an exposed street there like at Yorvik.

Place names were affected. The part of the Dublin landscape that I think dominated the Dublin area in neolithic times, Howth, bears a norse name. Howth derives from the norse for 'promontory'. We will never know what its name and therefor its true role was in yesteryear.

There are a few runic inscriptions here and there but I have yet to come across too much interference/interfacing with the locals.

I feel a lot of searching coming on. I'm off to the reference library on Wednesday night and so perhaps I can come across something. I'm intrigued myself now.