Stone of Odin 2
Image by winterjc
Stone of Odin

Stone Of Odin

As far as my knowledge of the viking sttlers goes they behaved in a very similar to the Moors in Spain.

They came, they conquered, the settled and then they let people prety much carry on as usual. Dublin was just a trading post for them really that they commanded.

No religion was imposed. No lifestyle changes were enforced except for 'you must sell/trade with us.

From what I know they didn't really travel much inland nor did they mix in ... erm ... a genetic way.

I believe this to be he case in many other parts such as the Scottish islands. I remember the same being said of York too.

that's why that Viking Longstone replica story made me think. I mean, aren't there any other pieces of legacy in Dublin apart from their meeting hill and that stone in spite of the trade-only segregation? you may be surprised to know the Vikings also settled in Seville too but there's few cultural traces of that! BUT the Shetlands and the Orkneys not only have part of that Norse culture but it's also ingrained in the population (35% have their DNA!) - the holed Odin Stone being no mere coincidence either; they settled in some places and made it their home