Creswell Crags 12
Image by Chris Collyer
Creswell Crags

Erratum

Blimey, baza... for you to use a word like 'Awesome' about a site indicates to me just how incredibly COOL this stuff must be. You've really fired my imagination now! Are there ANY photos of the engravings, i wonder?
J
x

hey up,

There's a few pics on the Cresswell Crags website.....other than that....zilch

nice one
stu.

That's very observant of you, Jane. You're correct - I am a very-laid-back sort of bloke and I use superlatives sparingly. However, seeing the engravings was one of best experiences that I've ever had at a prehistoric site.

I've not seen any decent photos of the engravings.

The curator began pointing out one piece of art and I thought that I could see the nose and mouth of an animal in profile; I said "I can see an eye". The curator replied "well, this thing is not supposed to have an eye - it's a vulva". A woman said "you've found the clitoris" to which I retorted " nah, it can't be the clitoris, us men aren't supposed to know where that is."

baz