There's a natural knoll not far from the Barbreck stones. A mausoleum was built here in the late 18th century, and the builders found a cist made of four large stones and a gabled capstone. Inside was an urn and cremated remains. There's an upright slab on the side of the knoll too. Canmore record
The Battle between the Craignish People and the Lochluinnich Norwegians at Slugan.
The Norwegians once made a sudden descent from their ships on the lower end of Craignish. The inhabitants, taken by surprise, fled in terror to the upper end of the district, and halted not until they reached the Slugan (gorge) of Gleann-Domhuinn, or the Deep Glen. There, however, they rallied under a brave young man, who threw himself at their head, and slew, either with a spear or an arrow, the leader of the invaders. This inspired the Craignish men with such courage that they soon drove back their disheartened enemies across Barbreck river. The latter, in retreating, carried off the body of their fallen leader, and buried it afterwards on a place on Barbreck farm, which is still called Dunan-Amhlaidh, or Olav's Mound. The Craignish men also raised a stone at Slugan to mark the spot where Olav fell.
From 'Waifs and Strays of Celtic Tradition' (Argyllshire series) by Archibald Campbell (1889).