Easily spotted south of the B3055 - a short distance west of the Hatchet Pond Barrow. The previous excavation of this barrow has left it well mangled.
This monument includes a round barrow situated on lowland heath. The barrow mound, which was partially excavated during the winter of l941/2, measures 29m in diameter and 1.7m high. It was constructed of turves and gravel and is surrounded by a 2.3m wide ditch from which the mound material was quarried during construction. This ditch now survives as a 3m wide and 0.25m deep earthwork. No burial was found, the only find of note being an amber necklace.
This is a low bowl barrow on the western half of the heath. It is next to the road which passes north of the heath. The barrow is not in very good condition, it was excavated in the early 1940's. Its survival is lucky as some barrows were lost during the construction of a second world war airfield.
The name of the barrow is thought to be a corruption of "colt-pixie". These creatures were supposed to lure young ponies to their deaths in the water logged marshy parts of the heath. Another explanation is that the creatures were part horse and called other horses into the barrow.