This site is currently only open to the public on Tuesdays 09:30 - 11:00.
It's signposted but the easiest way to find it is to head west towards the dome of the church in Mgarr and watch out for a side street to the left about 200m before you reach it.
The site has a low wall but high railings surrounding it, and a security hut and portaloo - and a gate with a big padlock!
The site was excavated by Sir Themistocles Zamit over various periods from 1923 to 1929, and then restored in 1937 by his son, Charles.
There are two buildings here - a main temple with a smaller one to the north.
The main building follows the usual trefoil pattern with apses arranged around a central room, and the floor of this central area is lower than those of the apse rooms. The main facade is concave, and there are 3 large steps from the forecourt through the restored trilithon into the temple.
The small temple has a similar if slightly more irregular shape, but without the impressive entrance stones.