|"East and west of the OS pillar are the two standing stones that Anderson believed to be the survivors of a row between the two barrows. Both are blocks of Jurassic sandstone, 1m high, their upper edges weathered and fissured by deep irregular pits. These must also be the pair of 'Druid Stones' marked by Robert Knox west of Swarth Howe (Knox 1821; 1855)."
A 19th century antiquary:the excavations and collection of Samuel Anderson
by Terry Manby
CBA Research Report 101
Posted by fitzcoraldo
12th August 2006ce