The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: GeoCaching
209 messages
Select a forum:
That depends. I couldn't say that I have, but I've removed some amazing stuff from around sites.

Please don't think we are singling your crowd out in anyway. I saw on your forum that we are probably a bunch of 'naturists' (sic) who climb to tops of trees to stop motorways being built. Well, in my case that's true, but not for all of us here. We are (in general) against the real scurge of our beloved sites (personally I don't call them sacred sites as that replies religion and I have none) - that scurge being the 'Offering Leaver'! Candles and flowers that rot and stink, pennies in cracks as offerings etc.

As I have pointed out elsewhere my initial over-reaction was brought about by jumping one step too far and associating you with Letterboxing.

I do agree with Grufty Jim though. Leaving anything unnatural in a natural place is littering. Sorry.

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
22nd January 2003ce
17:02

In reply to:

Re: GeoCaching (Pharisee)

4 replies:

Re: GeoCaching (Kammer)
Re: GeoCaching (Tufty)
Re: GeoCaching (Tree-Hugger)
Re: GeoCaching (moggymiaow)