The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Fancy doing something REALLY PRODUCTIVE (imo)
6 messages
Select a forum:
I have now sat down with the top front end bod of my councils archaeo services. No, this is not gimmekudos time. Was nec. I told them about More Hall, which I put up on TMA. Yup, h a d gone through a crack. All those cupmarks liked. Person of note's name who inspected noted. I hope to see online evidence it is back out of crack when they have time. Jeeez, I feel sorry for them. They will be using the TMA weblink as first port of call re site. Good, nice people, but oblivious of TMA. And, I think, TMP. They're not now. No criticism. N e v e r assume. They are now aware again of the original finder of above site. He thought they still were. Probably somebody's left ..whether they wanted to go or not. The finder is a wealth of both info and new sites. Coming this way as legs etc permit. As a slightly devious but well meant suggestion perhaps others here may now care to contact their archaeo services re something about a site on TMA, citing the weblink. Could be an innocuous question, heads up about something at site, whatever. That way TMA may become on radars of people oblivious who may find its content of great worth. Pix: 'faces' to sites as a minimum. They may even find sites they didn't know they had too. Evidence provided above. I think this may be a good idea. And positive use of ten minutes time. Feel free to disagree. Silly me forgot to mention this forum.

Reply | with quote
spencer
Posted by spencer
7th February 2017ce
23:39

Messages in this topic: