The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ancestry .
25 messages
Select a forum:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:
Thanks for the info .
The Beaker people project is brilliant , our understanding has come on leaps and bounds in the past decade , Garwood and Last deserve special mention in that regrad , and it will only improve .It sounds like a very good advert for the monograph , pity about lack of detail .
Disappearance of some (I assume haplotypes ) groups , inter personal violence , iconoclasm , the huge change in culture . It was on (but not in )the cards some time ago .

He covered a lot in 90 minutes, and yes, a good ad for the publication!
The cradle stuff I was unaware of, but it goes some way to explaining the skulls (together with the genetics of course.)
Not sure about the the DNA stuff, would need to wait and see.

Boas had demolished the skull nonsense a century ago ,but it was still part of the thinking here until the 60's , if not later .
Isotope analysis is great but DNA takes a bit of beating .
Did he say that there was some results to be announced for DNA ?

He said it was a bit 'hush-hush'(!) at the moment, I assume that means it'll be published in due course.

No mention here http://www.ucl.ac.uk/archaeolo[...]ry/beaker-people-parkerpearson , but hopefully .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
6th February 2017ce
15:59

In reply to:

Re: Ancestry . (Evergreen Dazed)

Messages in this topic: