The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Change?
132 messages
Select a forum:
Spencer's discourse on TMA was well made. Personally I think it is a brilliant resource just as it is - one I always consult before going off on one of my annual adventures (i.e. holiday) to some far flung corner of the British Isles. That is the key to its effectiveness I feel - you can look up a site and read the field notes of those who have gone before. Almost always articulate, often humorous. Then write up your own field notes afterwards, if you wish - so there is a permanent record of your visit to look back on. I find that quite satisfying.

Although there are quite a few Facebook prehistory pages around now they are too fast and not suitable for research or planning. TMA really belongs to the people who use it and I should give Rhiannon a mention here for the excellent Folklore archive she has been largely responsible for.

There are a few gaps in The Modern Antiquarian book - for example, Julian Cope never wrote much about Northern Ireland and other parts of the Irish Republic so the Irish contribution here is particularly useful.

The Forum can be entertaining and informative too. No changes from me.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
25th January 2017ce
09:43

In reply to:

Change? (moss)

1 reply:

Re: Change? (Rhiannon)

Messages in this topic: