The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: I would just like to say...
8 messages
Select a forum:
Not t h a t hard to compile either..just look at the fave sites visited for each year forum topics for a start. As long as there's a foreward adequately explaining the methodology, what the book is and what it isn't. Sure, an extensive list of sites at the back covering all extant categories. Some may differ, fair enough, but as for those given greater space within, I'd personally go for the egalitarian 'size is not important' approach. Vibe and enthusiasm paramount. Stonehenge would n o t get six pages, just an equal entry to, say, Sunhoney, and those little cairns out in the sticks beloved of G and SC etc would be given ample space too. I, for one, would be quite happy to help by doing some browsing back for a start. One for the armchair folk too. 'You take this county and you take that'. One prerequisite: that they care and can view the end result from a purchaser and reader's perspective as well as know. A book not for the coffee table, unless there was a specific variant for that market, but more a field companion for a rucksack or larger pocket. Something to inspire.

Reply | with quote
spencer
Posted by spencer
15th January 2017ce
19:18

In reply to:

Re: I would just like to say... (carol27)

Messages in this topic: