The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Stonehenge experts
18 messages
Select a forum:
As he is clearly a qualified expert Mike Pitts does indeed deserve to be listened to and his opinion shown due respect but so indeed do people like David Jacques whose work at Blick Mead has been ground breaking.
Another quote from a Guardian article on the subject:

"Finding consensus will not be easy. Among those who have voiced early, vociferous objections is David Jacques, a senior research fellow at the University of Buckingham, who is working on a Mesolithic site called Blick Mead within the Stonehenge landscape.
One of the intriguing recent finds there was evidence of the earliest known long-distance walk in British history – a 250-mile trip from York to Wiltshire made 7,000 years ago by a hunter gatherer and his dog, unearthed thanks to the discovery of the animal’s tooth.
Jacques believes proposed building associated with the road changes and tunnel near Blick Mead could prevent similar finds in the future. “This is arrogant and outrageous. It cuts down the chances of people in the future finding out more about Stonehenge.”

From what I have been reading elsewhere there seem to be many others qualified as experts who feel the same way as David Jacques. My own point of view is not really relevant but I do find it baffling and sad that a solution cannot be found to meet satisfy all the expertise tied up with Stonehenge and its surrounds.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
14th January 2017ce
11:09

1 reply:

Re: Stonehenge experts (tiompan)

Messages in this topic: