The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Cows
11 messages
Select a forum:
Markoid wrote:
Bloody dangerous. Sometimes you wander around stones and then get charged by a herd. It's their home I suppose, but you gotta be careful. Me and she almost got stampeded in a field in Somerset once.

The countryside can be dangerous! Take care out there!

Well I suppose there are not REALLY dangerous animals lurking, lions and crocodiles etc ;). Though there may be the occasional escaped lynx, who may become part of the countryside and wolves of course in the future.
On the whole we should welcome the fact that there are cows in the fields, not holed up in some dismal 'Americanised' lot or small cubbyholes on tap for milking.

Cows can be dangerously protective of their calves, it is wise not to put a lead on your dog if you must cross a field, and as tjj says stand up to the bullocks, life is a big game to them in their young state.....

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
1st August 2016ce
07:22

In reply to:

Cows (Markoid)

Messages in this topic:

Cows (Markoid, Jul 31, 2016, 15:19)
    • Re: Cows (tjj, Jul 31, 2016, 22:05)
    • Re: Cows (moss, Aug 01, 2016, 07:22)
    • Re: Cows (ocifant, Aug 01, 2016, 10:31)
    • Re: Cows (Howburn Digger, Aug 01, 2016, 11:32)
    • Re: Cows (Venutius, Sep 13, 2016, 08:21)
      • Re: Cows (ironstone, Sep 15, 2016, 20:26)
        • Re: Cows (Venutius, Sep 15, 2016, 21:15)
    • Re: Cows (thesweetcheat, Dec 05, 2016, 22:04)