The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: For Carol27, tjj and Moss
25 messages
Select a forum:
ryaner wrote:
I tried to reach Calliagh Beara's Lough http://www.themodernantiquaria[...]978/callaigh_berras_lough.html again yesterday, the bottomless lake on top of Slieve Gullion, but we were beaten back by a blizzard. It was a tad risky and irresponsible, but I had memories from my last time there and found the call irresistible. I mentioned to my companion that I may never come here again, and that it would be worthwhile. She was sceptical, horizontal snow stinging her face, but I wanted to rest beside the lough one more time. Within 100 metres of the water, 'sense' prevailed and we turned back, making for the shelter of the passage grave we had departed from, re-tracing our boggy steps. I knew that the moment we entered the tomb that the storm would abate, and so it turned out. Seems the cailleach didn't want any visitors yesterday.

" to rest beside the lough one more time" I started my concious,active journey to my past with Belas Knap, after being enthralled with Avebury. After a short walk through wintery woods & up a gradual sloping hill we came across her ( why do I call her,her?) The clear winter skys clouded & we were hammered by ferocious hailstorm. I crouched in a chamber & was completely protected. What strikes me is that sense of peace, shelter & calm while the weather storms.

Reply | with quote
Posted by carol27
31st January 2016ce
15:17

In reply to:

Re: For Carol27, tjj and Moss (ryaner)

Messages in this topic: