The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Secret Britain
19 messages
Select a forum:
There is a theory , according to the Red book of Hergest ( or something like that ) that Maen Llia is named after someone long ago buried in Harlech . As Gladman has pointed out , naming a prominent south Walian stone after someone from Harlech has no legs at all , it would never happen . The link between the name and drinking from the stream via a tongue shaped shadow is , I believe , the real origin of the name , though probably in more recent times , hundreds rather than thousands of years old.
Speaking as a south Walian myself , it's more like a supporters rivalry than a split really , and it's no worse than the Welsh feelings towards the English , we love to beat you at anything , but that's about as far as it goes, mostly . I even have some friends who are ( cough ) English.

Reply | with quote
Posted by cerrig
14th April 2015ce
14:42

In reply to:

Re: Secret Britain (GLADMAN)

1 reply:

Re: Secret Britain (Markoid)

Messages in this topic: