The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Rollright Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
The Rollright Stones
Re: Rollright Stones
6 messages
Select a forum:
I've not been for so long and your post Costa makes me want to go, even if you weren't wholly impressed. The last time I was there it was at the crack of dawn and everything was misty and quiet and strange, so I guess that made a better impression. But I have to agree with you Tjj - the road is part of the site there. It's along the ridge isn't it? It must be a hugely ancient route and I'd warrant the reason the stones are where they are in the first place? Maybe there's good reason the king's stone is the opposite side of it to the circle, maybe that even has a significance. Or am I losing the plot again, romanticising a load of tarmac. Also I am totally keen to get to the church doorway at nearby Great Rollright, surely that's enough to convert the most narrowly obsessed prehistory fan :)

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
14th February 2015ce
09:27

In reply to:

Re: Rollright Stones (tjj)

1 reply:

Re: Rollright Stones (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: