The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Geophysical Study of ‘Earth Energies’ in Avebury
9 messages
Select a forum:
Maybe that people used to walk up from the spring, via the round barrow, to get to the longbarrow. Maybe before shotguns were invented so they had less fear of someone shouting 'get off my land' and walked in a sensible line. Because it's a straight line really isn't it, across a single field.

I kind of know one of the people connected with the website. He's an artist, he used to make the crop circles. His research is about people's perception of weird landscape related things, I think.

So I figure the whole thing may be part of a devious anthropological experiment to get people to pipe up for and against Strange Things, and then a whole new layer of landscape folklore will be created. Or something. It's not supposed to be real, the big circle. But it's supposed to get you talking about it as though it is. And here we are talking about it. So I guess it's working :)

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
25th January 2015ce
11:03

Messages in this topic: