The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Boscawen-Un Forum Start a topic | Search
Boscawen-Un
axe carvings
44 messages
Select a forum:
I was just dreaming about Cornwall (because hoorah I'm actually getting time off work and GOING)... and I read something about axe heads carved on the central stone in Boscawen-Un.

Now this is something that's repeated all over the internet it would seem. But i can't find a picture. And I'm wondering whether it's Accepted Fact or the product of a brain overheated by stone circle vibes and general cornish enthusiasm. That would be fair enough.

Because it would be a very unusual thing wouldn't it, a carving of an axe on a stone. But not totally unknown, I mean you have those at stonehenge, and the pool farm cist and wotnot. But then again (see paragraph above).

Is this something anyone else is aware of and has had a look for? Or am I going to have to nip out of bed very early on holiday and sneak a look in the low light myself? It is nice at Boscawen-Un isn't it.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
10th March 2014ce
13:58

5 replies:

Re: axe carvings (goffik)
Re: axe carvings (ocifant)
Re: axe carvings (thesweetcheat)
Re: axe carvings (ocifant)
Re: axe carvings (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: