The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wayland's Smithy Forum Start a topic | Search
Wayland's Smithy
Re: A fresh start ...
112 messages
Select a forum:
Come on, leaving the odd seedcase (that's already dropped off a tree) isn't going to cause any problems - unless, yes, it's at a really busy site like wayland;s smithy.
And may I remind people that leaving coins and a horse at the smithy has been the idea for centuries. Allegedly. And you know what a mess horses leave behind.

And another thing, (and don't bother to contradict me) surely most people here have at some time felt so chuffed with being at a site that they wanted to give something back in some way?? I always pick up litter but I have to admit I have left a little flower at a site (in the past, alright, I'm a convert to the anti-decaying vegetation view now). Or am I just being hopelessly wishywashy for you lot now?!

Anyway Blaidd, welcome, and we all look forward to your contributions. Don't be put off by the odd bit of banter, that's one thing that makes this forum comfy. I didn't think my message was too unfriendly. Now tell us more about this thumping - could you hear it or just feel it? and did you investigate where you thought it was coming from?

I try to be open-minded about the reasons behind why these sites were placed where they are. Who's to say you haven't noticed something unusual about the place that most people would n't have been sensitive enough to notice. After all, we're so used to living in a loud busy environment and shutting out so much of the sensation around us.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
23rd October 2002ce
16:21

In reply to:

A fresh start ... (FourWinds)

1 reply:

Re: A fresh start ... (Blaidd)

Messages in this topic: