The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: There is no place quite like it..
37 messages
Select a forum:
common era wrote:
Whilst it looks great and is hopefully better than the overcrowded old facility, the bit that I had the hardest part to swallow was that ticket prices are almost doubling. I have visited Stonehenge a few times in the past few years, mostly to take visitors from overseas there who wanted to see it as part of a journey to these shores and always thought it was expensive to begin with.

I hate sounding Grinchy, but sorry EH, £14.90 adult entry is a lot of money to me. Yes, I know the money helps fund this and other projects, but it now seems like a very expensive day out (not that you would get close to a full day there anyway).

Totally agree. I can afford the £15, but it would certainly put me off a casual visit. More importantly, it puts the stones outside the price range of anyone who isn't on a reasonable income. £30 for two adults to walk around Stonehenge? I think that's appalling, really. What annoys me the most is the complete lack of any attempt at compromise. Why not have less popular dates/time-slots at reduced rates, so there's at least an option there for people who can't afford the full price? The vast majority of visitors arrive in coach parties, so introducing some kind of off-peak access would be unlikely to significantly eat into revenue.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Mustard
19th December 2013ce
10:06

In reply to:

Re: There is no place quite like it.. (common era)

Messages in this topic: