The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Rollright Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
The Rollright Stones
Re: The witch at Rollright
37 messages
Select a forum:
An excellent idea! I think that it is only fitting that the witch should be illuminated by fairy lights. I'm sure that right minded people would not possibly object to that as long as they are solar or wind powered by either an array of small solar panels attached to the King Stone or a modest proportioned turbine within the circle, as long as they are painted a stone colour to make their presence discreet. Any surplus electricity could be sold to the National Grid, and then the monies raised could be used by the Rollright Trust to purchase all the land adjoining the stones, thus rendering the need for the fence to delineate ownership superfluous at which point it could then be removed. A win-win situation, as far as I'm concerned. It is amazing what can be achieved with a bit of common sense.

Reply | with quote
spencer
Posted by spencer
27th November 2013ce
19:53

In reply to:

Re: The witch at Rollright (Evergreen Dazed)

1 reply:

Re: The witch at Rollright (Evergreen Dazed)

Messages in this topic: