The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: A303 to go into a tunnel eventually?
88 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary wrote:

You'll be stopped at Border Control and ask to sample two pasties. One will be Cornish made to our original recipe and the other made in Devon. Get the Cornish one right and they'll let you through with a complimentary jug of Cornish Scrumpy. Get it wrong and the upper reaches of the Tamar await you :-)

Actually I have been trying to work out a bus route for people (who don't own cars) and came across the business of the bus service, along the A30 being closed down in November. There I was planning a trip for Sweetcheat to St. Breward which seems a good place to start from for
Bodmin moor...
then I remembered the friendly person who was running tours in Cornwall, we met her and her land rover at KAH. Now I know Sweetcheat will not be happy with other people, and such things may be expensive but I am going to mention her for the initiative she brings to the act of visiting our heritage and perhaps for giving new ideas as to how to see sites.

http://www.cornishheritagesafaris.co.uk/

Reply | with quote
moss
Posted by moss
4th October 2013ce
10:48

Messages in this topic: