The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: A303 to go into a tunnel eventually?
88 messages
Select a forum:
Yes, I know that train travel is expensive - coaches are cheaper but take longer. Cars are seductive, once we have one, or even access to one, they are hard to live without - and I'm not advocating getting rid them, even though it is only a century ago when no one had a car. People used trams, trains and perhaps still the canal system. We can't turn back time but we can kick our collective addiction to speed and the personal desire to get everywhere in the shortest possible time.

It's hard not be a hypocrite on this subject. Mustard wished me 'good luck' with my post. Good luck indeed to future generations having to deal with global warming and diminishing sources of energy - let's not forget that the internet uses a massive amount of energy itself. I can only see dark times for the human race - though I suspect our planet will make the necessary adjustments to survive.

Sorry to be such a pessimist - I've been banging this drum all my life, no one seemed to be listening then and they are not listening still - except people like 'thesweetcheat' and g/f ... thank you!

Right, shutting up again for a bit.

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
1st October 2013ce
08:27

In reply to:

Re: A303 to go into a tunnel eventually? (harestonesdown)

Messages in this topic: