The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Castell y Gwynt, Y Glyderau Forum Start a topic | Search
Castell y Gwynt, Y Glyderau
Re: Gladders - Glyders
22 messages
Select a forum:
Hi,

If you want a simple ascent go up from the top of Llanberis Pass. Me and Mrs. TE did that years ago. Mind you, we were stopping at the Miners Bridge Inn in Betws-y-Coed with her mum and dad, and they drove us up the pass and picked us up later.

I remember it well, as it was a very hot day. After doing the Glyders we were descending, down to the road, and passed a chap who was a bit on the flabby side of big. We hurried on past, saying hello, intent on beating the impending thunderstorm. Down at the Pen-y-Gwryd Hotel we were looking forward to a beer or two before her mum and dad met us. Imagine our pissed-off-ness when we were refused service on account of the pub being in a county of Wales that didn't serve alcohol on Sundays. We were told that if we went down the road into the next county we could get a beer. The saviour was the fat chap. He arrived as we were about to leave and asked why. We told him and he said he could get us a pint as he was a resident. That he did. I tried to hand the money to the bar man and he refused, saying he had to take it from the resident. I handed it to the fat chap and we got our drinks. Madness. However, we had a good chat with our saviour, and were very grateful for his help. Later, the heavens opened and there was a torrent of water running down the road.

I'm not over familiar with North Wales, but that is the best I can tell you .

Hope it helps,
TE.

Reply | with quote
The Eternal
Posted by The Eternal
15th September 2013ce
00:13

In reply to:

Gladders - Glyders (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: