The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Nine Stones Close cup marked stone Forum Start a topic | Search
55 messages
Select a forum:
thesweetcheat wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
I'm asked to point out they do not appreciate people on their land, but if you must visit the circle please stick to the original path.

Is there an issue with access to the circle? I've asked at the farm opposite before, and was told that although they weren't the owners of the circle field, they knew that the owners didn't mind people going to see it. Is this not the case now?

I was told people should find who the land owner is and ask permission before visiting. I did suggest most people wouldn't heed that so it may be an idea to furnish me with details that i can pass on via sites such as this.

DoE kids, boulderers in particular, but pretty much everyone wandering through their grass meadows was cited as the main problem, and the numerous paths being worn across them. also people climbing over the dry stone walls and damaging them. There was also a problem with people lighting fires, one right by the circle.

Reply | with quote
harestonesdown
Posted by harestonesdown
7th August 2013ce
21:08

In reply to:

Re: It's gone ! (thesweetcheat)

2 replies:

Re: @Gwass. (harestonesdown)
Re: It's gone ! (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: