The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge
Re: Stonehenge - Art work
25 messages
Select a forum:
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
Maybe they could pop over to Fyfield and take a look at the "rock art" there. :)

I know the polisher but would love to see the other rock "art" there, i bet i've been within yards of it, did you ever go see the manton down longbarrow stones i found the other year nearby, Pete G and Steve M went and checked them out and Steve M confirmed what i knew already - that they were the moved stones of that chambered longbarrow [bloody big stones as well], if not i'll show you them if you show me yours!!!

No mate, intend to visit over the summer solstice, and i'd be only too happy to show you the RA.

Thanks i'll look forward to it, the longbarrow stones [when you see them] are better in the flesh than in my photo's because there's nothing in the photo's to show their size [big], We have plans of how it was before it was moved, we now have the stones and we know where it was once stood, so hopefully one day they will be put back just like they were before they were moved, it's mad when you see them though because it really looks like a collapsed chamber where they are now, it was enough for me to think they'd never been moved until SteveM told me otherwise.

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
11th February 2013ce
15:50

In reply to:

Re: Stonehenge - Art work (harestonesdown)

Messages in this topic: