The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Sea Henge Forum Start a topic | Search
Sea Henge
Re: Seahenge. Looking back.
64 messages
Select a forum:
harestonesdown wrote:
What are your thoughts on this excavation over a decade on. ?

After watching the Time Team special twice in the last 3 days and reading up on the "progress" made since i'm pretty much of a mind they should have left it where it was now. What have we really learned from it's destruction ? Nothing much as far as i can see. !

Btw, some kind person has uploaded the episode to Vimeo if you'd like to watch it, though be quick, youtube quickly barred it for UK viewing.

(Vimeo search - Time Team special 03)

Alright G!

I've been after this one for years, any chance of a link mate? When I search for it I get loads of vids with no relation to what I'm searching for. Hopefully I've not missed the boat.

I think if it was going to be totally destroyed by the sea then it may as well be excavated. If not then no more than the usual superficial excavations so as to preserve the monument would've been in order.

I can't beleive this is online after wanting to see it again for ages. Now the only omission is a mythical special about the Thornborough henges I remember seeing about 15 years ago. I remember them saying there were naturally occuring sink holes in the gypsum which would have been perplexing to the neloithic inhabitants.

Anyone remember this or did I imagine it? Think it was Tony Robinson so probably a TT special possibly titled Stonehenge of the North?

Reply | with quote
Posted by Gwass
12th February 2013ce
17:07

In reply to:

Seahenge. Looking back. (harestonesdown)

1 reply:

Re: Seahenge. Looking back. (harestonesdown)

Messages in this topic: