The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Ridgeway Forum Start a topic | Search
The Ridgeway
Cheers All
22 messages
Select a forum:
Sanctuary, Evergreen, harestonesdown, scubi63, tjj, Harryshill:

Our heartfelt thanks to all of you for your invaluable insights, recommendations, and links. We appreciate the time you all took to share your wisdom and good wishes.

We're getting very excited about doing this. The idea is to end at Avebury, as we're really seeing this as a kind of pilgrimage there. I was interested to hear you mention a new Great Stones way, so I'll look into that as a possibility too. We'll have to decide exactly where we'll start off, depending on our time. Obviously there is so much we'd like to see up and down Britain but for our purposes we'd rather experience the land by walking it than by driving it, even if it means seeing less in terms of sheer miles and monuments.

I feared as much with regard to April-May being something of a monsoon season, but no worries, we'll bring our wet suits and wellies.

I'm about to tuck into A R Cane's blog on the trail, and I'll be sure to pick up Burton's 'The Ridgeway' and the Ridgeway National Trail Companion as well. Over the weekend I got a copy of Burl's Revised 2nd Ed of Prehistoric Avebury, which is gonna get very dog-eared in my backpack, I can tell you.

Thanks again guys. I might have some more questions going forward, so I hope we'll speak again.

Be well.

Z

Reply | with quote
Posted by Zariadris
21st January 2013ce
21:42

In reply to:

Re: Ridgeway National Trail (Harryshill)

2 replies:

Re: Cheers All (harestonesdown)
Re: Cheers All (A R Cane)

Messages in this topic: