The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wolstonbury Forum Start a topic | Search
Wolstonbury
Re: Bronze Age Axe Head find at Wolstonbury
11 messages
Select a forum:
The only issue I had making the post was to support the idea that there is nothing to be embarrassed about, owning or using a metal detector. People that break the law while using such devices should be dealt with in a appropriate manner.

If anybody believes the law is inadequate for the job, then the onus is on them to pursue changes. Heritage Action would seem a good start for those that feel so inclined.

I personally have never found anything of any value whatsoever. It seemed to me that the country was covered in drink can tabs and loose change. I did once find pieces of pottery (whilst ground clearing) that where identified as medieval and gave them to a local museum with full detail of where they were found. I wonder if I would have given up a Flint Arrow Head.

Reply | with quote
Posted by Harryshill
24th November 2012ce
09:25

Messages in this topic: