The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wiltshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Wiltshire
Re: Pete Glastonbury - Ancient Wiltshire Exhibition
15 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
Went down to Devizes today to attend a private viewing of Petes photography exhibition at the Wiltshire Heritage Museum.

http://www.wiltshireheritage.o[...]x.php?Action=2&thID=788&prev=1

Fantastic photographs of Avebury & Stonehenge, combining Ancient sites & Astronomy.

The museum itself has superb displays of Neolithic & Bronze Age Wiltshire, and is well worth a visit.

The exhibition itself is on now til January 2013, go and have a look if you get the chance!

I was over in Devizes on Thursday, called into the museum and had a preview - didn't realise the exhibition hadn't yet opened as it was all set up. Loved it!

PS: Free admission during half-term week apparently.

I visited on Friday. Albeit I am familiar with Pete's work I didn't know what to expect from the title 'Ancient Wiltshire'. For me there was a coherence connecting location, construction, and relationships. In this sense 'Ancient Wiltshire', was reminiscent of Colt Hoare's 1812 work that famously stated 'We speak from facts not theories’. One can get a lot out of revisiting this exhibition, so I will go again.
You don't have to pay to get in if you join, that way you can visit the museum and library whenever without paying, and you get the wonderful 'WAM' journal each year in the post.

Reply | with quote
VBB
Posted by VBB
29th October 2012ce
07:06

Messages in this topic: