The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Derbyshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Derbyshire
Re: Re; Opinions
58 messages
Select a forum:
moss wrote:
bladup wrote:

A great man once said "opinions are like arse holes everyones got one" just because you've got an opinion it doesn't mean you're right, ummmmmmmmmm, off roading does effect us though [on the way to places and at them] and everyone is entitled to an opinion on the subject, and the person who said that crap failed to realise that some people are right [and even the ones that are wrong are still entitled to their opinion though], they seem to think everyone is wrong and no one is entitled to an opinion [that sounds like a dictatorship to me], this is a forum for opinions on anything to do with Ancient sites, and i've seen enough of those with 4x4 ruts going right though them [i've seen farmers on quads using the little banks at priddy for jumps], so when you remember the damage you've no doubt seen at sites i hope you'll realise that this is all relevant, until then we'll have to agree to differ, australia sounds nice though [i wouldn't be too sure of the snakes and spiders though], and if all that hasn't changed your mind just read harestonedowns [megadreads] horrible comment and i bet you do then [as you don't want to end up bitter and twisted like that now do you?].

;) Bladup you're like a shaft of sunshine that streaks through the words, didn't actually think the thread would go this far, even thought of closing it this morning, but then that would have brought on another argument.
We need to get back to stones, so what about someone putting up a thread about them? and letting this one quietly slip away. Moss x

What a lovely thing for you to say, i think you may have to lock it if you want it to slip quietly away though, as it doesn't look like it will happen on it's own as it's relevent to ancient sites and causes very strong feelings in people for and against it, locking is how this site works isn't it?, whether people like it or not, it's your choice as you started it, and this place had broke out in harmony for a while and anything that stops an argument is a good thing, and anyone who has a problem with locking threads clearly doesn't understand how this forum is made to work by the makers of it [and anyone could start up the topic again if they want], we should all realise [me included] that all our opinions are valid whether others believe them to be right or wrong, and there are polite ways of telling someone you don't agree with them [i know this very well because i've had to learn that myself].

Reply | with quote
bladup
Posted by bladup
28th October 2012ce
10:39

In reply to:

Re; Opinions (moss)

Messages in this topic: