The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Derbyshire Forum Start a topic | Search
Derbyshire
Re: Peak District -Off roaders
58 messages
Select a forum:
harestonesdown wrote:
As this is on my doorstep i'll comment.
Fair do's we don't want them ripping up paths that people need to use, and maybe that is the case with these two paths in question, so let's close them and give them somewhere else to go rather than banning them.
Let's have a bit of tolerance for each other eh, relocation and education is what's needed here, not banning people from doing what they enjoy. i guess those that own the land EKLB stands on would rather not have people there but they tolerate us.

As for making them walk, have you not seen the erosion us hikers cause of some of the more popular paths ? and you can include Britain's 3 largest mountains in that, ffs just look at the train up Snowdon for example, but we aren't rallying to have that closed.

Live and let live i say, or we could just ban everything that grinds our personal gears. :/

That's what i was trying to say but in a more bull-in-a-teashop way :)

It might tke time but i'm sure with patience we could sort something out. I'm a very avid walker and sometimes i too see 4x4's and bikes on my paths but i generally find that simply moving to the side of the track or just off the track is better walking and doesn't bother either of us.

Reply | with quote
Posted by BPR_MiK
27th October 2012ce
09:36

In reply to:

Re: Peak District -Off roaders (harestonesdown)

Messages in this topic: