The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury & the Marlborough Downs Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury & the Marlborough Downs
Re: Bad news at the Barn
58 messages
Select a forum:
Those figures (if accurate) are actually quite poor VBB when one considers the importance of Avebury as a WHS – nor is it that straight forward in statistical terms. How many visitors to the Barn for example are paying visitors, and not those with a pre-paid NT membership card? It might be more relevant to ask what percentage of visitors to Avebury actually pay to go into the Barn. If you have those figures, and how much revenue is generated from that source, I’d be interested to know.

I suspect the majority of those willing to spend a bob or two at Avebury (after the car-park charges) are those willing and able to visit the recently refurbished Manor. And I suspect the only thing that’s going to save the Barn is not a grant (I’ve absolutely no idea where that's likely to come from nor does anyone else, close to source, know to my knowledge). Revenue from the Manor might help but sadly, both you and I know that that is not how the NT works.

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
23rd October 2012ce
17:01

In reply to:

Re: Bad news at the Barn (VBB)

Messages in this topic: