The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wet Withens Forum Start a topic | Search
Wet Withens
Re: The other cairn near the circle
18 messages
Select a forum:
juamei wrote:
juamei wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
juamei wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
juamei wrote:
I went up Eyam moor today to check out a posting on the Portal of a cairn up there having a chunk taken out of it. See latest images for Wet Withins. I'm pretty sure its done by a human hand.

Thing is that cairn isn't listed on here and I'm not sure its on the SMR. That and a large pit next to it, and its weird almost conical shape makes me think its a small relatively modern slag heap.

Anyone on here know?

No idea mate, but please tell me you also checked out the circular feature he also posted about. ?

Er..... I was on holiday and only skimmed the portal. Balls balls balls. Can't go back for at least two weeks. Arse.

Arghhhh and bollox. !
I'll be lucky to get there in the next two years. !

http://www.megalithic.co.uk/mo[...]e=viewtopic&topic=5298&forum=1

Balls again. I found one or was it two ring cairns last time I was up here, I'll need to get on the map and see where he's talking about. Is it new as far as you know?

Your leg still fubarrd?

Also, didn't notice your cup marked stone till I was on here tonight. Really should do more research :)

My leg ? My cup marked stone ?
I've really no idea what you mean. ;)
Coincidentally though i do have an injury to my leg that's keeping me out of the field. !

Reply | with quote
harestonesdown
Posted by harestonesdown
16th September 2012ce
22:00

Messages in this topic: