The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Rudston Monolith Forum Start a topic | Search
Rudston Monolith
Re: Wind turbines at Rudston
69 messages
Select a forum:
tjj wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Yes, I think that's entirely likely. There is definitely a fair bit of NIMBY-ism at work in much of the wind-turbine debate (I don't mean the debate on here, I mean in the extra-TMA world).

Not on my part, there's one of the very largest visible out of the window besides me, i don't mind it at all. :)

As long as they're not damaging archaeology or genuinely making people's lives hell with noise and the like, I can't help but like them!

I always look forward to seeing the ones a few miles north of Swindon when I'm on my way down to Wiltshire.

I know those turbines well they can be seen clearly from Uffington Hill and that section of the Ridgeway - they are a landmark now, everyone (local) accepts them. I understand the arguments against, noise pollution/injury to birds, but we all know oil is running out so alternatives have to be found. In the same area near the small town of Highworth, planning permission has just been granted for a solar energy park - this seems to be the acceptable way forward.

Yes I remember spotting them from Uffington.
I always feel I'm getting close to Avebury when I see them from the road.

Reply | with quote
Evergreen Dazed
Posted by Evergreen Dazed
12th September 2012ce
20:28

Messages in this topic: